Recently, the government of Pakistan unveiled the annual budget for the fiscal year 2023-24. This budget introduces a range of measures aimed at uplifting Pakistan’s economic status and steering the country away from its ongoing economic challenges. The primary objective behind presenting this budget is the alleviation of poverty in Pakistan.
- Employment Generation: Efforts are being made to provide employment opportunities for the unemployed population.
- Information Technology (IT) Expansion: The budget promotes the broader adoption of IT technology.
- Agricultural Advancements: New agricultural technologies are set to enhance agricultural production in Pakistan.
- Defense Strengthening: Measures to bolster Pakistan’s defense sector have been included.
- Healthcare Enhancement: Lower taxes on medicines and healthcare assistance for the underprivileged are highlighted.
- Support for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs): Improved measures for SMEs have been introduced to facilitate small business operations.
Additionally, the industrial sector is receiving support to boost exports, government employee salaries and retiree pensions have been raised, and education has been allocated more funds. The Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) has also seen an increase in its budget to extend its reach to more individuals in need.
Benazir Income Support Program (BISP) – Budget 2023-24
The BISP is a flagship program of the Pakistani government designed to combat poverty and unemployment. The 2023-24 budget includes a substantial increase in funding for the BISP, aiming to reach more impoverished individuals. The budget allocation for the BISP has grown by approximately 25% compared to the previous year, totaling 400 billion rupees. This increase represents a significant step toward supporting Pakistan’s underprivileged citizens.
BISP Ehsaas 8171 Program – Budget 2023-24
The BISP Ehsaas 8171 Program remains a cornerstone in the government’s fight against poverty. This year’s budget reflects a substantial increase in funding for the program, with 400 billion rupees allocated. Plans are underway to further boost this funding to 450 billion rupees in the next fiscal year. This enhanced support signifies the government’s commitment to improving the lives of Pakistan’s less fortunate.
BISP – Previous Budget (2022-23)
In the previous budget for 2022-23, the allocation for the BISP saw significant growth. Whereas 250 billion rupees were earmarked in the 2021-22 budget, this allocation rose to 264 billion rupees in the 2022-23 budget. Additional provisions were made for subsidizing household essentials through the Utility Store Corporation, Ramadan packages, and various programs benefiting millions of families and children across the nation.
BISP Schemes Budget
The BISP administers multiple schemes to assist the underprivileged in various sectors. Some noteworthy schemes include:
- BISP Kafalat Program: In 2023-24, 9.3 million families will receive cash assistance of 8,750 rupees per quarter under this program, with a total budget allocation of 346 billion rupees.
- Benazir Taleemi Wazaif Program: Over 8.3 million children will benefit from education scholarships, with a budget allocation exceeding 55 billion rupees.
- Benazir Undergraduate Scholarship: About 92,000 university students will receive scholarships, supported by a budget of 6 billion rupees.
- Benazir Nashonuma Program: This program continues to aid around fifteen lakh children across Pakistan, with a budget allocation of 32 billion rupees, primarily benefiting pregnant women and children under two years of age.
How to Register for the BISP Ehsaas 8171 Program in 2023
The government has introduced a new screening and registration process for the Ehsaas Kafalat program, facilitated by NADRA. Families not yet registered under the BISP can now enroll in the Benazir Ehsaas 8171 Program. To qualify for government social and economic security programs, register by visiting the Benazir Social and Economic Service Center and presenting your National Identity Card. It’s essential to verify messages only from the number 8171, and any charges for this service should be reported to the same number.
BISP Basic Information Required
|Benazir Income Support Program, Block F, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan
|Registration Document Required
|CNIC, B-Forms, Mobile No, Gas/Electricity Bill, Home Rent Agreement if Available.