In a bid to alleviate poverty and empower underprivileged citizens, the Government of Pakistan has introduced the Ehsaas program. This program aims to provide financial assistance to those in need, particularly those whose livelihoods have been affected by natural disasters like floods. The Ehsaas program, and its associated 8171 web portal, offer a lifeline to individuals facing financial hardship due to various circumstances.
The Purpose of the Ehsaas Program
The Ehsaas program was launched in 2019 with the primary objective of helping impoverished individuals in Pakistan. Many people in Pakistan rely on farming as their source of income. However, natural disasters, such as floods, have wreaked havoc on their lives and livelihoods. With their lands destroyed and farming disrupted, they faced immense challenges.
To address this, the government initiated the Ehsaas program and allocated 25,000 rupees to assist those affected by the floods. If you have been impacted by such disasters, it’s crucial to register for this program promptly to avail yourself of this financial support.
How to Check Your Eligibility
To determine your eligibility for the Ehsaas program, you can easily use the 8171 web portal. The process is straightforward and can be done from the comfort of your home. Here’s how you can check your registration eligibility:
- Visit the Ehsaas 8171 web portal.
- Enter your CNIC number.
- Your eligibility status will be displayed on the screen.
This convenient online platform eliminates the need to visit Ehsaas centers for registration confirmation. Just enter your CNIC, verified by Nadra, and you’ll instantly know your eligibility status.
An Alternate Method: SMS Verification
If you prefer another method, you can check your registration eligibility by sending an SMS. Here’s how:
- Send your CNIC to 8171.
- You will receive a notification within 24 hours, informing you of your eligibility status.
This SMS verification method offers an additional layer of convenience for those who might not have access to the internet.
Required Documents for Registration
To register for the Ehsaas program, certain documents are necessary:
- Your CNIC (Computerized National Identity Card)
- Household electricity and gas bills
- A list of your monthly utility bills
- Monthly income certificate
- Proof of Pakistani nationality
- Complete NSER (National Socio-economic Registry)
- Disability certificate (if applicable)
- Death certificate of the husband (for widows)
- Bay Form number for education stipend (for children)
To qualify for the Ehsaas program, certain eligibility criteria must be met:
- A poverty score of 40% or higher
- Monthly income less than 35,000 rupees
- Possession of a valid CNIC
- Disability certificate for disabled individuals
- Landholding of less than two acres
- A genuine passport
- No government job within the family
- No employment in another country
What Is 8171?
8171 is a portal provided to check your eligibility for the Ehsaas program. You can easily check your registration status online by entering your CNIC.
How Can I Check My Eligibility Through 8171?
To check your eligibility via 8171, send your CNIC to the designated number. You will receive a notification via SMS once your eligibility has been processed.
In conclusion, the Ehsaas program and its associated 8171 web portal are powerful tools for those in need of financial assistance. By providing a simple and accessible means of checking eligibility, the government is making it easier for deserving individuals to access the support they require. If you meet the eligibility criteria, don’t hesitate to register and secure a better future for yourself and your family.
BISP Basic Information Required
|Benazir Income Support Program, Block F, Pak Secretariat, Islamabad, Pakistan
|Registration Document Required
|CNIC, B-Forms, Mobile No, Gas/Electricity Bill, Home Rent Agreement if Available.