In a groundbreaking move, the Prime Minister of Pakistan, Mr. Imran Khan, and the Chairman of PTI, introduced the Ehsaas Scholarship Program for the year 2023-24. This remarkable initiative is a first-of-its-kind effort in the history of Pakistan and the Higher Education Commission (HEC). It aims to support 50,000 needy students from middle-class families who struggle to afford the expenses of higher education, including tuition fees and hostel charges. Over the course of four years, this program is set to benefit more than 200,000 students, offering a ray of hope in their pursuit of higher education.
The Struggle for Higher Education in Pakistan
In Pakistan, higher education is often seen as the gateway to escaping poverty, especially after completing intermediate studies. However, the harsh reality is that only 0.4% of middle-class children have the opportunity to access higher education institutes, a figure significantly lower than the national average of 10%. The core objective of the Ehsaas Scholarship Program is to tackle this educational inequality head-on.
Online Registration for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2023
The Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program for 2023 is designed to provide opportunities for students with limited financial means and to create equal educational prospects for all. Given Pakistan’s vast population, with over 220 million people, and more than half of them being young, the government is focused on programs that offer access to education for those in need, thereby promoting equality.
In a groundbreaking move, 50% of the scholarships under the Ehsaas program will be awarded to women, empowering them to pursue higher education. With an annual allocation of 50,000 scholarships, a total of 200,000 students will benefit from this initiative over four years. The next phase of the Ehsaas Scholarship Program is scheduled to begin in December 2023, making it essential for aspiring scholars to prepare and apply as soon as the online application process opens.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship: A Path to Excellence
The Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship has already proven to be a valuable program, significantly benefiting deserving students from underprivileged backgrounds. The first year of this scholarship has witnessed the distribution of scholarships to those in need, providing them with the means to pursue higher education.
Applying for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship
To apply for the Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship, visit the official HEC portal at ehsaas.hec.gov.pk. It is crucial to ensure that your application is complete and accurate to avoid rejection. Eligible candidates can also submit their complete application forms to the financial aid office of their respective universities. Remember, do not submit the application directly to HEC.
Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program Details
- Offered by: Government of Pakistan
- Degree level: Bachelor’s
- Number of Scholarships: 50,000 per year
- Scholarship coverage: Tuition fee + Monthly Hostel Expenditure
- Eligible Nationality: Pakistani
- Duration: 2019-2020
Ineligibility Criteria for Ehsaas Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2022
To maintain the integrity of the program, certain eligibility criteria have been put in place:
- Students accepted into self-financed or self-support programs are not eligible.
- Students currently receiving scholarships or grants from other sources are not eligible.
- The program is exclusively for regular students; those engaged in distance learning are ineligible.
- Students attending evening classes with high fees are not eligible.
- Students from families with a monthly income exceeding Rs. 50,000 are ineligible.
- Students with alternative sources of income or land ownership do not qualify.
- Families consuming over 300 units of electricity per month are ineligible.
- Children of government employees are not eligible.
Required Supporting Documents
Applicants are required to attach the following supporting documents with their application:
- Copy of applicant’s CNIC / B. Form
- Copies of CNIC (Father, Mother/ Guardian)
- Salary Slip / Income Certificate (Father/Guardian, Mother)
- Income Certificate on a stamp paper of Rs. 50/- for students whose guardians are laborers, have daily-wage jobs, or a family income of less than Rs. 45,000.
- Copies of the last six months’ utility bills (Electricity, Gas, Telephone, Water) – if applicable.
- Copy of the rent agreement for those in rented accommodation.
- Copies of the last fee receipts of the applicant and siblings – if applicable.
- Copies of medical bills/expenditure-related documents – if applicable.
- 1 Passport size photograph of the applicant.
- 1 Picture of the house from the outside.
In summary, the Ehsaas Scholarship Program 2023-24 is a groundbreaking initiative in Pakistan, aimed at bridging the educational gap and providing equal opportunities to those who need them the most. With a focus on empowering women and supporting deserving students, it is a significant step towards creating a brighter future for the youth of Pakistan.